Tuesday, October 16, 2018

October 16th

Class,

Today we considered the ways we can manipulate meaning by adding images, choosing specific words, and emphasizing tone. I hope this is all coming together for you as the layers of rhetoric are pieced together. We will continue to work on this next week when we consider editorial cartoons and music.

In the meantime, continue reading The Giver. You do not have a writing assignment this week because I really just want you to focus on two things: Reading your novel and studying the rhetorical devices we learned about in class. (Dominick, I will give you this handout on Thursday in Mystery class!)

Make flashcards, if necessary, for your rhetorical devices. I want you to know them inside and out. I want you to know how to apply them, how to use them, and how to spot them. (I just used one there. The first one to identify it and name it in the comments scores house points.)

I hope to have your essays graded by next class. In the meantime, work on the above tasks, and I'll post your next writing assignment.

2 comments: